I know. Just like me you’ve been to the department stores, and the skincare aisles are stocked with an endless array of anti-wrinkle formulas, creams that are suppose to make skin better, or others that are supposedly going to “restore” your skin…
The packaging is different, the claims vary, but most have one thing in common: I personally don’t hold them anywhere close to Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream.
Want to know why?
If you read the ingredients on Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream, you will invariably find Vitamin A… Somewhat of an enigma in the skincare, cosmeceutical industry.
An ingredient so powerful, that skincare scientists encourage us to approach it with as much caution, as possible. Well, I have never been the cautious type when it comes to my skin, so of-course I am all in, and with Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream, I think I know that it will be worth it!
Is Vitamin A in Bella Terra’s Nightly Restoration Cream a magic elixir?
I will just start with the basics, cause I don’t think that getting too complicated on it will help us understand better..
What is Vitamin A doing in my Bella Terra Cosmetics?
Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes and skin. It exists naturally in liver, butter and eggs; and its precursor, beta-carotene, is in colorful vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes and spinach.
In order for the skin to benefit from Vitamin A, the body converts it to retinoic acid.
Several decades ago, this connection led dermatologists to pinpoint topical retinoids that effectively break down into retinoic acid as effective treatments for various skin ailments.
In the late 1960s, Albert Kligman, M.D., Ph.D., a dermatologist at the University of Pennsylvania, started testing a Vitamin A derivative called tretinoin on acne patients. By 1973, Kligman patented his formula for Retin-A, the first-ever effective acne treatment.
About twelve years later, Kligman and Leyden noticed Retin-A’s other lucrative effects:
Tretinoin patients had few wrinkles and smooth skin tones.
Kligman secured another set of patents, and the rest of the cosmetic industry soon followed with an abundance of anti-wrinkle retinoid treatments.
“Retinoids prevent wrinkles,” says Miami dermatologist and retinoid expert Leslie Baumann, M.D., “And, they are the only topical product that gets rid of wrinkles you already have.”
Vitamin A in Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream
Vitamin A is an anti-aging powerhouse. It is the only ingredient with clear scientific evidence that it treats the 7 signs of aging!
The Vitamin A found in Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream binds to your skin cells and makes them behave more like younger skin cells. It works perfectly as part of the overall Bella Terra Anti-Aging regiment.
Vitamin A decreases existing wrinkles
– Vitamin A stimulates production of collagen and hyaluronic acid increasing the skin firmness and decreasing wrinkles.
– Just as I mentioned before, the Nightly Restoration Cream would form a fantastic part of an overall Anti-Aging regiment, and would only help make the other anti-aging products work better…
Vitamin A helps prevent new wrinkles forming
– Vitamin A cream not only causes new collagen and elastin to be laid down, it also protects against age-related loss of those crucial skin components. That is how it helps to slow any further skin aging…
– You just have to believe the scientists from University of Pennsylvania on this one!
Vitamin A returns a more youthful glow to your skin
– Vitamin A present in Bella Terra Cosmetic’ Nightly Restoration Cream increases your skin’s radiance by decreasing the unhealthy dead skin on the surface, not only smoothing the skin texture but also revealing younger, healthier skin.
– Literally your skin will have a younger glow, ergo the name “Nightly Restoration Cream”
I have no wrinkles. Should I still Use Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream?
So maybe your skin has been feeling quiet scaly and dry–this especially happens to me if I have been too enthusiastic with my Beauty Basics regiment–but if over-zealousness with a beauty routine is not what causing your scaliness problem, there’s a possibility that you might be lacking in Vitamin A.
When I was suffering from acne, my Mother’s dermatologist encouraged me to take plenty of Vitamin A or apply products that are derivatives of the vitamin, and Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream happens to be just one of those products.
Since Vitamin A also helps the skin rebuild tissues, it is also an essential vitamin when it comes to healing scrapes, wounds and other damages to the skin.
Which leads me to my next points:
Vitamin A fades skin pigmentation
– Vitamin A helps reduce pigmentation from sun damage and melasma, giving the skin a more even colour and tone.
– This is especially welcome if you use sunscreen, but happen to get a darker complexion afterwards, fear not!
Vitamin A helps to minimize pore size
Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream will normalize cell turnover and oil production in your skin pores, which will help to stop pore congestion, enlarged pores and blackheads, and treat skin oiliness and acne.
Vitamin A increases the effectiveness of other skin products
– Because retinoids decrease the amount of compacted dead surface cells it allows other skin products to be absorbed more effectively.
You get more effect from the ALL of your skin care products.
What Else Can Vitamin A in Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream Do?
Well for starters, Vitamin A thickens and stimulates the Dermis – where your collagen, elastin and blood vessels are – so it reduces wrinkles and increases blood flow to the surface of the skin…
And if that’s not enough for you, Vitamin A actually also increases the deposition of collagen and slows the breakdown of your collagen and elastin, which would cause what dermatologists call “normal aging.”
Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream:
- Normalizes blood flow and helps reduce the symptoms of rosacea
- Exfoliates – making skin smooth and even toned
- Repairs the cellular structure of the epidermis – optimizing your UV protection
- Decreases sebum production and treats acne brilliantly
- Promotes a healthy cellular membrane
- Helps in the eradication of pre-cancerous skin lesions
- Improves hydration both in and around the cell
Why Are Scientists So Wary, Then?
All forms of topical Vitamin A are potent and effective, and scientists are just afraid that there might be some sort of contra-indication, but I have found that by using chiraly correct products (ahem Bella Terra), with no added irritants or nasty chemicals you will enhance the results whilst minimizing these side effects.
When you first try Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream You will feel activity in the skin, or a bit of a tingle.
Some people like this feeling and some don’t.
The secret to achieving a Vitamin A tolerance is to listen to your skin and slow down the active products if you don’t like what you are seeing or feeling.
Use your Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream at least twice a week and you will reap benefits. However for Maximum effect use every night and, if your skin is tolerating the cream well enough, well it can also be used morning and night.
You should however take it slowly; gradually building up your skin’s strength.
This can take months.
***If your skin becomes red, flaky and irritable, decrease your use of the Nightly Restoration Cream, increase your antioxidant nourishing product, like Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Daily Moisturizer–love it!– and slowly increase again in 2-3 weeks.
***Also remember a day in the sun or wind will increase cellular activity.
If you are exposed to Ultra Violet radiation whilst using the Nightly Restoration Cream, just know that they tend to do the opposite thing. One (UV Rays) is attempting to damage your skin, and one (Nightly Restoration Cream) is attempting to heal, so you will feel irritation and see redness.
My advice is to just not use Bella Terra’s Nightly Restoration Cream on days when you’ll be out in the sun, rather use it that night when you come back in-doors, and please be vigilant by using your sunscreen?
So it doesn’t really matter what your skin problem is, I am pretty sure that Bella Terra Cosmetics’ Nightly Restoration Cream will probably deal with it effectively.
- Bella Terra Cosmetics, and Your Own Skin Firming Cream (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- Bella Terra Cosmetics Improves How Your Skin Ages (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- Beauty Basics For Healthy Skin pt. 5 (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- Best Mineral Foundation by Bella Terra Cosmetics (john316beckon.wordpress.com)
- Youth in Resurgence: Bella Terra Cosmetics’ use of Dead Sea Salts (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- Bella Terra’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream: Injection Free Botox (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- *Optional: Beauty Basics For Healthy Skin pt. 6 (thatbword.wordpress.com)
- The Truth Comes To The Fore (thatbword.wordpress.com)